Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2010

Snowing and Sick

It is snowing and I am sick.  You know what I have noticed?  On TV and in the movies, when someone is sick, their hair remains beautifully done, make up in tact and they have a pensive, gently smiling expression on their somewhat pale face.  Here in the real world, my hair is going in at least six different directions at once, there are deep purplish/black circles under both, puffy, red rimmed eyes . My nose is bright red and swollen as is my upper lip.  My jaw line and underneath have become one and the same.  My mouth is hanging open so I can breathe through it, like some semi evolved cretin and I have tiny red dots all over my face from the strain of coughing and hacking like a skid row wino.
Now I have to go shovel snow.............oh.....what shall I wear to compliment my current beauty?  How about my ratty old housecoat, my husbands giant  size 12 Sorel boots, and a jaunty old brown paper bag over my head?

No comments: