Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

Wondering about Tomorrow

Tomorrow I am going with someone I know, to act as an advocate/support person/ witness, for a meeting at the hospital.  It is supposedly, a Care Planning meeting with relevant staff and family.  Last time I attended one of those it was a complete ambush. They figured I was coming alone and they were going, apparently, to shut me up once and for all.  There were either 9 or 11 of them in the room, all staff members and all, quite clearly, scripted.  They handed the script from person to person as their part came up.  I kid you not.  Only thing was, that my sister attended that meeting too and if they thought for even one moment that I was bad...that was before my sister walked into the room.
It was not good, accomplished nothing except a rise in blood pressure, and wiped out any scraps of respect that we may have still been trying to hold onto for the system.
I would love to think that things have changed, but judging from the barely contained rage of the family member I am attending the meeting with, I would say that things are just about exactly the same as they were when my own mom was in there.  At that time I referred to the third floor of the hospital as Gordon Campbells Killing Fields.  Wish me luck tomorrow.  Possibly have bail money ready....

No comments: