Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

December 31, 2010

Oh my goodness, I have been remiss with my blog entries. The last one was Nov.  Good grief.
Okay, since then I have had Kenny come home from up north.  He remains here as we speak, waiting anxiously for the call to return to work.
We had another beautiful grandson born significantly ahead of schedule.  That is two preemies born in the same year in our family, Cameron on March 30, and baby Ryder on Dec. 15.  Little Ryder had a few complications which landed him in the NNICU in Saskatoon for a few days.  That was truly one of the scariest, most emotional times of our lives for all of us. Right now though he is home,  seems to be doing well, gaining weight, eating ravinously, and all other things such as 'plumbing' seem to be working just fine. I would love to post pictures of him, but his dad is still kind of in panic mode I think, after such a terrifying experience as that first few days, and seems wary of things such a facebook.  Soon I hope.  He is a gorgeous baby and I would love to show him off.
You know something I have learned during our trip to Saskatchewan........I have absolutely no idea why anyone in their right mind would CHOOSE to live there. I understand the draw for multi-generational farmers such as my cousin, who I adore. But for the rest of the world..my GOD!  It is such a desolute, frigid, wind blown wasteland, that any thought of even stepping outside fills me with dread.  We were there for days, because we were not allowed into the NNICU, my cousin's house was basically in quarantine from a hideous flu, and Ken had already had all of his drug tests (for work) and such moved to Battleford, before the baby got sick, as we expected to be there with the baby.  So we bounced from motel to motel, town to town.  Each day we would go for a drive to see something different and yet, we never did...it all looked the same. Miles and miles and miles of howling wind, blowing snow and people with scrunched up, furious faces, apparently frozen that way by the sceamingly hellish weather.  I was born in Saskatchewan, but my family moved to BC when I was 6 months old. I like to think it was my choice.
Anyway, we eventually did get to see our gorgeous new boy though, so in the end it was all worth it.
I have many pictures of Brandy's two babies on my facebook page and am waiting for new ones of Cameron and the boys to post as well. Hopefully very soon, Dustin will feel comfortable enough to let us post ones of Ryder too.. In the mean time, I will show you what someone looks like when they buy dollar store glasses.


I don't know if it is my face that is crooked or the glasses which all seem to look that way, but I do know I have one friend who nearly goes into hysterics each time she looks at me while I am wearing them.
Anyway, from the lady with the crazy glasses who just spent a week roaming aimlessly around the frozen Hell known as Saskatchewan....Happy New Year everybody!








No comments: