Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bad at New Years Resolutions, but happy with new found Family Members

Okay...so I am terrible at trying to stick to my New Years Resolution to stay current with this blog.  Thing is, I LOVE writing for it, but I want to have something to say so it isn't straight up boring and it would appear that many of my days are, without question, not that exciting.
This week was different.  Through a series of really unexpected and strange online encounters, I reconnected with my American Cousins.  Turns out one of the kid cousins has been doing a whole lot of geneology the past few years and had all the information on my extended family that even I didn't have.  The way I found them was weird, through my oldest daughter and her travels through a somewhat obscure site about Sweden  The fact is though, that they are in my life again and that is pretty cool. I am grateful to Missy for doing so much work to connect everybody.  For some of us, it is a reconnection and for others it is a first time connection, and I find it all quite exciting. I am also thankful to Bonnie who first visited the unusual site and found that someone was mentioning our family.  Very cool.

No comments: