Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Nasty Weather

BBBBRRRRRRR..............it feels like winter again today!  All day long, the only thing I have actually wanted to do was to crawl into bed and sleep for a couple of days.  What is it about the lack of sunshine that brings on thoughts of hibernation?  Makes me want to bring out my winter fat-hiding clothes, crank up the heat and keep lots of sweet, calorie laden food at my fingertips at all times.  Yes, yes...I know all about the Seasonal Affective Disorder Syndrome (SADS), that creates these symptoms in northern climates such as ours. I choose to think of it instead, as a giant, mother-nature grandma saying,  "Here ya go sweetie.. come snuggle up with granny....you don't have to eat the yucky liver and onions...just eat the puddin' baby...just eat the puddin'".

No comments: